Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to ClatLawGe Forum!

Main Aisa Kyun Hoon? Why Law??

Sanchay
    Admin

Main Aisa Kyun Hoon? Why Law?? Empty Main Aisa Kyun Hoon? Why Law??

Post  Sanchay Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:24 pm

Remember watching Lakshya, Hrithik Roshan does not know what career he should pick and his choice is often influenced by his friends. Such is the dilemma of a student in Class XI and XII, he has to make a choice of what he wants to do with life. A question he will be subjected to by his parents, uncles & aunts and all those sundry relatives. If you have a game plan everyone will criticize your choice, if you don’t you will be labeled a confused idiot.

I had a game plan and knew ever since class 10 that I wanted to study law, my grandmother was appalled at my choice and till date feels why her intelligent grand-daughter would not want to pursue something else. A large number of people out there still think that a lawyer is someone who wears a black robe and white shirt in a court with the judge going-ORDER, ORDER! The opportunities are enormous now, every company needs a lawyer; you could choose from a plethora of things like energy law or a lawyer for Disney.

But having said that it is an awesome career and if you are good (DUH no one pays the duds) you can get paid handsomely. But is it just the money that you should run after? Will you survive the competition and strenuous schedule of law school if you are not built for the entire drill? You will have to read (Not Sidney Sheldon or John Grishams) judgments, journals and articles. You will have moot court competitions, essay writing competitions and the burden of getting yourself published somewhere. Friends who will get weird if you enter their room during a common moot competition and times when you would want your mothers food….5years of your life and you need to know whether what happens in there is-REALLY You…So now that am done scaring you; those of you who are cool with the above mentioned lows…the advantages are many.

If you choose your friends correctly, you will have the most awesome support system around you- it is going to be your home for the next five years after all. You will get enough opportunities to prove your legal acumen and interesting internships to widen your exposure. As the famous Mario Puzo quote goes ‘A lawyer with a briefcase can steal more than a thousand men with guns’. In the end no one wants to mess with a lawyer. So are you ready to be a legal eagle?

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:20 am